PMC has filled its Spring/Summer 2014 internship positions. However, if you are interested in being considered for fall of 2014, please apply.
Applicants must submit the following:
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• One letter of reference
Please email all items to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the internship position for which you are applying in your application.
Types of Internships:
PMC offers three types of internships, depending on our needs at the time the internship opening is announced. An internship can focus on one of the following three areas – Fundraising & Development; Communications & Public Relations; or Program Development and Implementation.
A. Fundraising & Development
1. Researching foundations and potential donors.
2. Gathering, formatting, and producing supporting documentation for proposals.
3. Writing parts of proposals and grant applications.
4. Preparing and sending mailings to existing donors and prospects.
5. Updating PMC’s donor and contact database.
6. Analyzing returns on various fundraising initiatives
B. Marketing & Communications
1. Assisting with researching, writing, editing, updating, and/or formatting PMC’s print and electronic materials. Current focus is on the website and preparing the digital components of a highly visual book campaign in 2015.
2. Gathering and editing photos for use in publications and our website.
3. Researching new ways to communicate our work; creating plans for how to implement these new ideas; helping to update our social networking sites.
4. Assisting with public relations research, writing, and distribution.
5. Updating and organizing our files and internal systems.
6. Researching markets in each country where PMC works for advertising, sponsorship, and partnership prospects.
7. Research industry for partners and competitors.
C. Program Development & Implementation
1. Researching health and social programs being conducted in countries of interest to PMC.
2. Researching country policies and action plans regarding reproductive health, HIV prevention, gender equity, and other areas of concern.
3. Conducting literature reviews and internet research for proposals and program needs.
4. Assisting in the development of program plans and budgets.
5. Writing, formatting, and producing reports and other documents on PMC’s programs.
6. Translating program documents from French/Spanish/Arabic/Portuguese to English.
7. Organizing current electronic and paper filing system. Creating and implementing improved and more efficient systems.
Specific projects to be completed as part of the internship will be determined in conjunction with the chosen intern. Even though an internship will focus on a certain area, the intern may be asked to contribute outside of this area, depending on PMC’s needs during the internship.
Terms of the Internship:
• All internships are based at PMC’s headquarters in Shelburne, Vermont, unless otherwise noted.
• All internships are unpaid, unless otherwise noted.
• PMC asks that an intern contribute at least 10 hours a week to PMC for the duration of the internship.
• A staff member in the Shelburne office will serve as coordinator for each intern selected for this program. This staff member will be the intern’s point person and mentor to ensure that the goals and objectives of the internship are met.
• PMC can work with student interns to help them secure academic credit for the internship, depending on the interns academic requirements.
Minimum Requirements – An Intern Must Have:
• Enthusiasm about PMC’s mission and programs and a desire to learn
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to the work of the organization
• Ability to juggle multiple projects
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to work with a variety of people of different cultures and who work in different fields through email and in-person
• Ability to work independently as well as be a team player