CARE is holding a conference in Washington, DC and is hoping to build their Vermont constituency working on advocacy issues at a state level. Here is their announcement.
Join CARE in Washington DC on June 18 and 19, 2008 for the CARE National Conference. Meet with your members of Congress to discuss policies that can help break the cycle of poverty. This year’s event will be very exciting!
Day 1: Top-notch forums on issues ranging from climate change to maternal health to a day in the life of an aid worker with:
• Jeffrey Sachs, Director of The Earth Institute at Columbia University and Special Advisor to United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
• President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of Liberia (by video)
• David Gregory, NBC News Chief White House Correspondent
• Christy Turlington Burns, champion for maternal health as recently featured in Marie Claire magazine
• Various ranking members of Congress
• And more…
Day 2: Meet with your members of Congress and their staffs on Capitol Hill in meetings pre-arranged for you and other citizens from your state to discuss the US’ response to global poverty.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit