2011 Call For Entries
32nd Global Media Awards
The Population Institute’s Global Media Awards are devoted to drawing attention to global population issues. The award honors those who have contributed to creating an awareness of population problems through their journalistic endeavors in a meritorious manner.
1. Entries must contain nominee’s complete contact information : name, address, phone, and e-mail.
2. Entries must be accompanied by a brief description of the entry and a justification explaining why it should be considered for a Global Media Award.
3. English translations must accompany entries in other languages.
4. Applicants must submit four printed copies of their submissions.
- Best Article or Series of Articles: For a journalist or journalists who best discuss population-related issues in an article or series of articles appearing in printed or online new sources, including magazines. This excludes any opinion pieces.
- Best Book: For the author or authors of the best book on population-related issues.
- Best Radio Show: For the radio show, including serial drama, that best highlights population-related issues or family planning. The show must have been produced for radio broadcast or online use.
- Best Film or Miniseries: For the best film or miniseries that discusses population-related issues.
- Best Short Film: For the best short film or advocacy short that discusses population-related issues. Must be under 20 minutes.
- Best TV Show: For the TV show, including serial drama, that best highlights population-related issues or family planning.
- Best Editorial Cartoon: For the best editorial cartoon published in print or online newspapers discussing population-related issues. Cartoons published on a journalism media site are accepted.
- Best Print Editorial or Broadcast Commentary: For the columnist or editorial writer that writes the best columns or editorials on population-related issues that appear in print newspapers. Editorials appearing solely online are excluded.
- Best Online Commentary or Blog: For the best editorial or opinion piece appearing online that discusses population-related issues.
- The India News Media Award: For the best reporter, writer or producer that does the best job of educating policymakers, opinion leaders, and the general public in India about issues relating to sustainability, population, family planning, and reproductive health in India.
The Population Institute is an international, educational, non-profit organization that seeks to voluntarily reduce excessive population growth, through universal access to family planning information, education, and services. We strive to achieve a world population in balance with a healthy global environment and resource base. Established in 1969, the Institute, with members in 172 countries, is headquartered on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Please visit www.populationinstitute.org.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit