Employment Opportunity: Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the HR Administrator supports the organization’s goals, mission, and vision by aligning human resource policies and practices with PMC’s strategic plan, creating an effective, competitive, and harmonious work environment for its employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Human Resource Administration
- Partner with employees and management to administer and communicate human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and federal and state regulations.
- Review, maintain, and update employee handbook, job descriptions, and document retention guidelines.
- Keep abreast of changes in federal and state labor laws, and health insurance regulations relevant to PMC and its employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Serve as backup for Payroll processing functions.
- Assist with selection of new, integrated HR information system.
- Collaborate with internal hiring managers, leading recruitment/hiring process for new/vacant positions including creation of job descriptions and advertisements, sourcing and screening candidates, tracking, and communicating with applicants, scheduling interviews, checking references, and coordinating background checks.
- Ensure completion of new hire paperwork, employee onboarding, and individual orientation.
- Facilitate recruitment process and onboarding of program volunteers and interns, monitoring applications and forwarding them to program staff, as appropriate.
- Provide consultation and guidance to leadership on HR issues including but not limited to employee engagement and retention, discipline and terminations, compensation philosophy and strategy, employee benefits, and staff training and development.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Oversee and implement continual improvement of organizational performance management systems, ensuring that employees are positioned to achieve desired organizational goals.
- Administer paid time off, retirement, HRA, health, dental, and disability insurance benefits, including enrollment processes.
- Manage multi-state workers compensation insurance compliance and respond to unemployment claims.
- Provide employees with updates and answer questions regarding payroll and benefits.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The following competencies are required to perform the job successfully:
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks and applies feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology
Demonstrates required skills; offers first line of technology troubleshooting to staff; adapts to new technologies.
Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; keeps others adequately informed. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information. Demonstrates attention to detail.
Adaptability, Cooperation & Teamwork
Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Offers assistance and support to co-workers; establishes and maintains effective relations and demonstrates effective relationship management skills; works cooperatively in group situations. Participates in meetings. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Managing People & Performance
Utilizes recruitment sources effectively; exhibits sound interviewing skills; presents positive, realistic view of the organization; assists with forecasting and analyzing staffing needs and quality hiring decisions.
Project & Change Management
Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress. Communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
Organizational Support & Culture
Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values. Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; works with integrity & principles; inspires the trust of others; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Demonstrates business acumen, consultation, and critical evaluation skills; develops strategies to support organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives. Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A combination of 3-5 years’ relevant business experience, including at least 1-3 years’ experience in HR management and/or benefits/payroll administration, is required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as federal and state regulations, safety rules, procedure manuals, business periodicals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and respond to questions from external partners, donors, or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to respond quickly to varying problems of an administrative, technological, or interpersonal nature.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in MS Office programs including Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, OneDrive and Sharepoint). Internet research skills and basic knowledge of email/internet security required. Knowledge of any of the following highly desirable: iSolved online payroll system, Sage accounting, Salesforce, and Adobe Design Suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license. Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Population Media Center (PMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit