Employment Opportunity: Senior Program & Partnership Development Associate
Senior Program & Partnership Development Associate
Title: Senior Program & Partnership Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Program & Partnership Development (PPD)
Employment Type: Full time, Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: May 1, 2021
Salary Range: $51,200 – $76,800 annually
Location: Based remotely, preferably in the Washington D.C. area. Periodic international and domestic travel (up to 25%) is required
The Senior Partnership & Program Development Associate works closely with the Director of PPD, other staff, and interns to initiate new program and partnership opportunities for PMC. The focus of the Associate’s work includes building relationships with potential partner organizations and funders, developing project designs and proposals for donor agencies and corporate sponsorship packages for potential private sector sponsors, and working with Program Managers and PMC’s VP for Finance to identify budget items and likely costs in each country. This includes researching the social, health, and environmental needs and donor priorities in countries where PMC is considering development of new projects, researching media consumption information, travel to assess feasibility of developing new projects, and managing relationship development with prioritized entities. The Associate also assists the PPD Director with supporting all Program Managers and Country Directors to strategize and plan efforts to attain funding for additional projects in current country programs. This support includes providing capacity building in fundraising to in-country team leaders. The position involves regular travel to developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America (15-25% time), as well as the occasional attendance at global conferences and domestic travel.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Program & Partnership Development – New and Current Countries
- Assist the PPD Director, President, and other PMC personnel with planning, implementation, and follow-up of new project development trips to new countries
- Strategize and plan efforts with Program Managers (PMs) and Country Directors (CDs) for new program development activities for current countries
- Regularly track, assess, and respond to tender opportunities published by major funders, for both New and Current Countries
- Lead trend tracking, contact research, and engagement with a subset of all donor prospects
- Fill a representation role for PMC in meetings with donors and potential partners and lead relationship development and engagement with a subset of major international NGOs
- Lead new country exploratory work, engagement strategy, and new project design in 2-3 prospective countries
- Participate in project design process and budget development for new and current countries
- Assist with the training of Program Managers and Country Directors in fundraising / program development skills and use of PPD processes and tools
- Research possible NGO, funder, and mission-aligned partnerships, both in new countries and globally, and in preparation of fundraising trips
- Research country social and health situations and stakeholder contacts
- Schedule meeting appointments for and participate in fundraising trips to meet with potential donors in-country and present PMC’s expertise
- Draft complete and timely proposals in response to donor interests
- Maintain records of contacts with all donors and prospective program partners in Salesforce; Maintain records of all opportunity pursuits in Salesforce
- With countries where full funding is received, coordinate with Program Department for transition to program management and implementation
- Work with Communications Director regarding press opportunities related to new project development
- Develop and build relationships with professionals in broadcasting and other media; in population, family planning and related social and reproductive health issues; in social science research; in government agencies; and, at international organizations.
- Keep abreast of literature on current events, media, population, and international development issues
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience in an international and/or non-profit organization
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social science, public health, international relations/development, communications, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- An interest in and understanding of behavior change communications and a keen appreciation for media as a powerful tool for social change
- Commitment to global population stabilization and related social and health goals
- Ability and willingness to travel significantly internationally
- Experience traveling desirable, especially in developing countries
- Ability to work with a variety of people of different cultures
- Excellent writing and fine-tuned editing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills; comfort with public speaking and presentation
- English fluency required. Written and spoken proficiency in French strongly preferred. Spanish and/or Portuguese also beneficial.
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple detail-oriented tasks with limited supervision and work well with a group
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Office 365, SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite
- Candidates must have a pre-established right to work in and regularly travel to the USA
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Population Media Center uses entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population and the environment. Our goals are to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources. PMC has developed long-running serial dramas for radio, TV and the web in more than 20 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives. Recently the organization applied its methodology to address social challenges in the United States through its Daytime Emmy-nominated East Los High drama on Hulu. Our vision: a sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Why Work for Us
Our tight-knit team is empowered with autonomy and creativity in our day-to-day work, and we are energized by our mission to solve the world’s toughest environmental, social, economic and social justice challenges.
PMC offers its employees a competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, employee assistance program and a generous employer 401(k) contribution.
How to Apply
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Population Media Center (PMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit