PMC improves the health and well-being of people around the world with TV and radio shows. Entertainment, it turns out, can change the world.
Population Media Center (PMC) creates long-running TV and radio shows in which characters evolve into role models for the audience for positive behavior change, and the impact of PMC’s dramas are dramatic. PMC is a nonprofit, international nongovernmental organization, which strives to improve the health and well-being of people around the world addressing a variety of issues. Founded in 1998, PMC has almost years of field experience in behavior change communications with projects around the world.
Here’s a snapshot of why PMC is Unique:
- PMC TV and radio shows not only get dramatic results, they’re incredibly cost-effective.
- PMC’s approach builds in-country capacity and supports all local writers and producers.
- PMC focuses efforts in countries and regions with the highest need.
- PMC dramas role model behaviors; they don’t tell people what to do.
- PMC uses multiple media to reach audiences and extend drama storylines.
- PMC offers population as part of the solution to many global challenges, such as climate change.
- PMC changes population projections by working to empower women, men, and children by addressing health and human rights issues, like ending child marriage and allowing girls to access an education.