Population Media Center currently has the following job openings:
Population Media Center (PMC) is seeking a savvy relationship builder with a proven fundraising track record and a passion for creating a sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Title: Interim Director of Program & Partnership Development
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Duration: October 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020
Job Location: This position will preferably be based in either Burlington, VT, or Washington, DC. Other locations will be considered for the right candidate.
Who We Are: Founded in 1998, Population Media Center uses entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population, and the environment. Our goals are to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources. PMC has developed long-running serial dramas for radio, TV and the web in more than 20 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives. The majority of our programs take place in developing countries, and we are also developing a robust U.S. program.
Who You Are: You are passionate about the potential for behavior change communications to create healthier, more prosperous communities, and believe in the rights of girls and women to control their reproductive future. You are an experienced leader, fundraiser, and relationship builder in the field of international development, with experience in gender equality, sexual & reproductive health and rights, and/or environmental protection, and are skilled at collaborating with multiple stakeholders across different cultures.
Why Work For Us: Our tight-knit team is empowered with autonomy and creativity in their day-to-day work, and energized by our mission to solve the world’s toughest environmental, social, and economic justice challenges. This position is a full time, 7-month interim position.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (Master’s Degree preferred); or 5-7 years of experience in international development or non-profit context; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five to ten years of overall professional experience preferred.
- Proven track record in fundraising, tender tracking, proposal development and program design for an international NGO
- Keen understanding of international development donor strategies and procurement processes
- Demonstrated success in building effective relationships and coalitions with a variety of funder and INGO stakeholders
- An interest in and understanding of behavior change communications, a keen appreciation for media as a powerful tool for social change, and commitment to global population stabilization and related social and health goals are required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Experience with online collaboration tools such as Sharepoint and/or Salesforce highly desirable.
- French or Spanish language skills a plus
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit