Population Media Center currently has the following job openings:
Title: US Content Development Coordinator
Reports to: Head of US Content
Employment Type: Full time, Non-Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: TBD
In an effort to grow its impact in the US media market, Population Media Center (PMC) is growing its US Content Department by adding a Development Coordinator to the team. This role offers a unique opportunity to work with an extended team to create behavior change communications and social impact entertainment TV shows, films, and other great content experiences. S/he will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, and valuable educational and networking opportunities. This individual will gain experience in reading and analyzing incoming material and will work with writers, directors and producers throughout the creative process, and may be able to join pitch meetings, general development meetings, table reads and more.
Who You Are:
- You are organized, disciplined, possess keen attention to detail, and actively seek out new challenges and creative solutions.
- You are a natural multi-tasker and provide top-notch executive support in a poised, professional manner.
- You are tech savvy and proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are a strong writer with excellent grammar, editing, typing, and business correspondence skills.
- You support PMC’s goals of women and girls’ empowerment, human rights and global sustainability, and recognize the power of Social Impact Entertainment (SIE) storytelling to effect meaningful behavioral and social change.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Scheduling support, materials preparation and note taking for various meetings
- Researching assigned subjects/projects
- Drafting Creative Briefs for new projects
- Drafting and editing general business correspondence
- Assisting with travel accommodations, expense reports and calendar items
- Managing development pipeline; tracking and reading scripts and other literary materials
- Organizing and maintaining hard copy and digital filing systems
- Bachelor’s degree in film/TV screenwriting or production, or liberal arts
- Prior educational or work experience in script coverage and development, or agency desk
- Positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Windows 7 or 10, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; assistant editing skills desired, not required
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Satisfactory completion of industry related background checks
Location: Los Angeles, CA. Occasional local or domestic travel (<10%) may be required.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, Population Media Center uses entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population and the environment. Our goals are to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources. PMC has developed long-running serial dramas for radio, TV and the web in more than 20 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives. Recently the organization applied its methodology to address social challenges in the United States through its Daytime Emmy-nominated East Los High drama on Hulu.
Population Media Center’s Vision: A sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Why Work For Us:
Our tight-knit team is empowered with autonomy and creativity in their day-to-day work, and energized by our mission to solve the world’s toughest environmental, social, economic and social justice challenges.
PMC offers its employees a competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, employee assistance program and a generous employer 401(K) contribution.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit