Population Media Center currently has the following job opportunities available.
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.
Title: Prospect Research & Database Manager
Location: Position ideally based in Population Media Center’s headquarters in Burlington, VT. (Telecommute option available for the right candidate.)
Population Media Center is in its fourth year of a 10-year strategic plan to increase global impact by tripling reach to 30 countries and grow its budget to $30 million. In order to achieve this ambitious goal PMC needs targeted prospect research along with a detailed moves management system to identify approximately 1,000 major gifts ($10k+) prospects from existing and new sources. The Prospect Research and Database Manager will be a critical position in the Development Department to assist with growing data management needs.
Who You Are:
- You’re adept at using MS Office, website analytics, DonorPerfect, and Salesforce tools to comb through data and identify potential supporters, leadership, major gifts and mega gifts donors.
- You have a strong background in database management, IT support, fundraising support, or marketing in a nonprofit setting.
- Your attention to detail for accurate data entry and data hygiene is impeccable.
- You’re inspired by Population Media Center’s mission and vision.
- Goal oriented team player who strives to meet and exceed expectations.
- Adaptable to working in a rapidly changing global office environment and culture.
- Proactive problem solver able to project possible outcomes and suggest solutions.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage DonorPerfect Online donor database and other related (or future) data systems. Oversee all database upkeep, data entry, operations, troubleshooting, reporting and training.
- Identify major gifts prospects though mining existing data and prospect lists provided by board, staff, volunteers, acquisition lists or other sources.
- Provide donor data support for all departments. Maintain a deep understanding of available data to help drive PMC’s overall 10-Year Vision 2025 while specifically supporting departmental work plans.
- Monitor and maintain synchronization between email marketing CRM and donor database.
- Filter and “clean” data as needed and create policies to improve data input and output quality while leveraging industry best practices.
- Analyze and report data to drive optimization and improvement of donor engagement process and customer and staff experience.
- Build e-giving sites and webpages in accordance with the PMC database standards and associated donor privacy rights policies.
- Serve as project lead for future Salesforce conversion.
- Support organizational technology initiatives and promote a positive working environment that is conducive to teamwork.
- BS in computer science, information systems, database management, or other relevant degrees
- Minimum of 3 years’ of related experience in the non-profit sector
- A high level of proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office software, especially Word and Excel
- 3+ years direct experience and advanced knowledge of DonorPerfect Online and Salesforce
- Experience and working knowledge of data querying and custom reporting tools
- Able to negotiate with and manage vendors
- Able to work independently as well as effectively collaborate with local and remote team members
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate technical and business concepts both orally and in writing
- Able to work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines for multiple departments
- Detail oriented, high performer
- Satisfactory completion of industry related background checks
- Experience with Office 365 and/or Mac OS
- HubSpot knowledge/experience
- Experience with database conversion to Salesforce a plus
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, Population Media Center uses entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population, and the environment. Our goals are to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources. PMC has developed long-running serial dramas for radio, TV and the web in more than 20 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives. Recently the organization applied its methodology to address social challenges in the United States through its Daytime Emmy–nominated East Los High drama on Hulu.
Population Media Center’s Vision: A sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Why Work For Us:
Our tight-knit team is empowered with autonomy and creativity in their day-to-day work, and energized by our mission to solve the world’s toughest environmental, social, economic and social justice challenges.
PMC offers its employees a competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, and a generous employer 401(K) contribution.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Lillie Bleau at email@example.com. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.