Executive Vice President
Population Media Center (PMC) is seeking nominations and applications for the newly created role of Executive Vice President (EVP). The new EVP will partner with the president, an exceptional leadership team, and a highly talented staff to carry forward the organization’s strategic planning process, set metrics and goals for program expansion, and enhance and direct home base operations in the U.S. to strategically guide and support the global operation.
Key opportunities and challenges for the new Executive Vice President will include:
- In partnership with the President, design, build, and lead the implementation of a broader and stronger organizational platform for the strategic scaling of PMC’s innovative and effective programs
- Collaborate with senior leadership to align systems, policies, people, and procedures to build upon PMC’s strong organizational culture
- Ensure external donor agencies, sponsors, and NGO partnerships are in place to enable growth, supporting capacity building and empowerment of the senior team and in-country leadership
- Represent the organization externally to elevate its profile and brand among funders and champions
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success and the personal talent to lead and build an exceptionally effective organization. The following experiences, backgrounds, and qualities are of particular interest:
- At least seven years of senior leadership and management experience in a results- and outcomes- driven environment
- A deep appreciation for the challenges in achieving healthy populations worldwide, with experience working in developing countries a must and a background in reproductive health or related networks preferred
- An action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative leader with savvy for business, partnership-building, and communications best practices; comfort in a creative and highly- matrixed environment and experience in fostering and developing communities of experts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the understanding of broad communications and engagement tools; an interest and understanding of behavior change communications and a keen appreciation for media as a powerful tool for social change
- Honesty, integrity, enthusiasm, and a natural learning posture; a strong work ethic supported by commitment and follow-through
- A master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred
- French and/or Spanish language abilities highly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel significantly internationally
Click here to download a full description of this position.
This search is being conducted with assistance from Katherine Jacobs, Callie Carroll, and Connor Daley of Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please send nominations and/or applications including cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in Word format), salary history, and where you learned of the position to: PMC-EVP@nonprofitprofessionals.com. Population Media Center is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.