Population Media Center currently has the following job openings.
Title: Individual Giving Associate, Giving Circles Program|
Reports to: Associate VP of Development
Pay Range: $40K-$60K
In an effort to triple its fundraising capacity, Population Media Center (PMC) is looking to expand its Development Department with an Individual Giving Associate. This team member will be responsible for managing a portfolio of existing donors giving $1,000+ as well as prospects with the potential to give at this level. This is an exciting opportunity to apply leadership and research skills to establish a brand new global Giving Circles program anchored in industry best practices, and use creative recognition opportunities to encourage movement up the giving pyramid.
Who You Are:
- You have direct experience in individual giving fundraising and donor relationship management in a nonprofit environment with proven success in achieving financial goals.
- You use personalized communication to target donors and prospects with relevant information and build trusting relationships.
- Your passion for PMC’s issue areas of social behavior change, population, the rights of girls and women, and the environment are exemplified in your background and will inspire PMC’s supporters to action.
- You’re tech savvy and adept at using MS Office and CRM systems to research donors while tracking moves management of prospects.
- Adaptable to working in a rapidly transforming global office environment and culture.
- Disciplined, self-driven and goal oriented, able to set and achieve goals working in a virtual/remote environment.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manages a portfolio of 200+ existing donor accounts giving or with potential to give $1,000+.
- Meets established fundraising goals calculated from portfolio and prospective donors.
- Contributes to organization-wide goal annual campaign goals and long- term growth plan.
- Works with Development and Marketing team members to identify, cultivate, and solicit new prospects, while stewarding and retaining existing portfolio of donors.
- Plans and executes customized cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for each donor in assigned portfolio, incorporating planned and complex gift opportunities when possible.
- Actively pursues prospects, makes qualification visits to identify and engage new individuals capable of making outright gift of $1,000.
- Helps identify possible major gift $10,000 donors for leadership team to solicit.
- Uses DonorPerfect Online, Salesforce and other CRM systems or related (or future) data systems to research and maintain detailed notes on donors and prospects.
- Establishes a new global Giving Circle program to encourage donors to move up the giving pyramid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3+ years of related fundraising experience in the non-profit sector
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office software, especially Word and Excel
- Proficiency in DonorPerfect Online, Salesforce, or other CRM systems.
- Able to communicate effectively and persuasively with internal and external audiences—orally, in writing and through a number of mediums.
- Able to work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines for multiple departments.
- Detail oriented, high performer who is goal driven and not intimidated by ambitious annual campaigns.
- Satisfactory completion of industry related background checks.
- Experience with Office 365 and/or Mac OS
- Prospect Research and Identification experience.
- Experience building or managing Giving Circles program a plus.
Location: Telecommuting from major U.S. city, preferably a target market for PMC. Periodic domestic travel (<25%) may be required.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, Population Media Center uses entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population, and the environment. Our goals are to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources. PMC has developed long-running serial dramas for radio, TV and the web in more than 20 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives. Recently the organization applied its methodology to address social challenges in the United States through its Daytime Emmy–nominated East Los High drama on Hulu.
Population Media Center’s Vision: A sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Why Work For Us:
Our tight-knit team is empowered with autonomy and creativity in their day-to-day work, and energized by our mission to solve the world’s toughest environmental, social, economic and social justice challenges.
PMC offers its employees a competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, and a generous employer 401(K) contribution.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Lillie Bleau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.