Population Media Center currently has the following job opportunities available.
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.
Regional Manager of Philanthropy
Location: New York or other Major East Coast City
Population Media Center (PMC) seeks an experienced Regional Manager to join its development team as it aims to triple business operations into 30 countries by 2025. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Development, the Regional Manager, functioning as a Major Gifts Officer, will oversee a portfolio of existing donors and cultivate new relationships within the assigned territory across the East Coast, contributing to an overall $15 million general operations campaign. The position will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward five and six figure gifts from high net worth individual prospects with the capacity to give $10,000+ to PMC, and will renew and upgrade existing gifts while building a strong vetted pipeline of future major gifts donors. Our headquarters is in South Burlington, VT and this is a remote position to be based in New York or another major city with willingness to travel as needed to cultivate donors across the East Coast and in other communities.
Who You Are:
- You recognize the power of dramatic storytelling to create healthier, more prosperous communities, and believe in the rights of girls and women to control their reproductive future.
- High performing fundraiser with a track record of success looking to be a significant contributor of a team.
- Passionate nonprofit professional who is mission driven.
- A natural communicator who can convey complex issues in writing, virtually and verbally in person.
- Goal oriented team player who strives to meet and exceed expectations.
- Focused and able to manage competing priorities.
- Adaptable to working in a rapidly changing global office environment and culture.
- Proactive problem solver able to project possible outcomes and suggest solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in fundraising from individual major givers $10,000+.
- Demonstrated ability to close $100,000+ gifts.
- New donor prospect research, identification and development experience.
- Excellent communicator able to be a strong ambassador and advocate of PMC to individual donors.
- Customer service oriented, willing to go above and beyond to meet and exceed donor expectations.
- Multi-tasker who can support the integrated organizational goals while achieving individual work plan objectives.
- Must be a self-motivated professional able to work independently and with a team.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be an enthusiastic team player.
- Detail oriented project manager who is comfortable using a multitude of technology platforms and software to communicate progress with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to global population stabilization and related social, health and environmental goals.
- Efficient worker able to easily assess return on investment of time and money as you navigate prospects.
- Independent worker capable of working remotely while achieving goals.
- Genuinely motivated by PMC’s mission and methodology, including a curiosity about how to expand our reach among a broad range of supporters.
- Willing to travel as needed to fulfill the objectives of the position. Namely, covering the East Coast as a region for existing and prospective donors.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects in the East Coast market to generate significant unrestricted income support.
- Develop and execute strategies for each portfolio donor with the goal of securing new 5 and 6-figure gifts, gift renewals or upgrades.
- Secure one-on-one in-person donor meetings and solicitations to establish or strengthen donor relationships for long term support.
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year gifts. This will include identification, cultivation, and stewardship of high net worth individuals.
- Coordinate regional cultivation meetings, mixer, dinners throughout the year.
- Create necessary donor correspondence such as letters, emails, funding proposals, and reports.
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of donor database.
- Work collaboratively with the internal departments designed to assist the major gift program, e.g. special events, program services, communications, etc.
- Become knowledgeable on vast programmatic needs for the purpose of effective donor stewardship, using available resources and opportunities.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect and Salesforce.
- Past experience fundraising for major general operations campaigns.
- Worked at an international non-governmental organization before or other related experience.
- Knowledge of crowdfunding and social media.
- Experience with Planned Giving, Direct Mail, Grant-Writing and other development strategies, a plus.
- Knowledge of consultative sales approach and relationship based fundraising.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, Population Media Center uses entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population, and the environment. Our goals are to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources. PMC has developed long-running serial dramas for radio, TV and the web in more than 20 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives. Recently the organization applied its methodology to address social challenges in the United States through its Daytime Emmy–nominated East Los High drama on Hulu.
Population Media Center’s Vision: A sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Why Work For Us:
Our tight-knit team is empowered with autonomy and creativity in their day-to-day work, and energized by our mission to solve the world’s toughest environmental, social, economic and social justice challenges.
PMC offers its employees a competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, and a generous employer 401(K) contribution.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.