Population Media Center currently has the following job openings.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Administrative & HR Manager
Employment Type: Full time, Non-Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: TBD
Starting Wage: $17-20/hour
Population Media Center (PMC) is looking to expand its Administration Department by adding an Administrative Assistant to the team. This full time position is responsible for a variety of administrative responsibilities supporting all teams in the organization. This is a great entry-level opportunity to join a passionate team of professionals who are driven and inspired by our vision of a sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Who You Are:
- You are organized, disciplined, possess extraordinary attention to detail, and actively seek out new challenges and creative solutions.
- You are able to work with minimal supervision, but know when to ask for additional direction or support.
- You are a natural multi-tasker and provide top-notch customer service in a poised, professional manner.
- You enjoy interacting and collaborating with a diverse team of colleagues and stakeholders across multiple time zones.
- You are tech savvy and proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are a strong writer and swift typist with excellent grammar, editing, and business correspondence skills.
- You support PMC’s goals of global population stabilization and related social and health objectives, and recognize the power of storytelling and mass media to effect meaningful behavioral and social change.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Drafting and editing content for various newsletters and general business correspondence
- Calendaring support, materials preparation and note taking for various departmental meetings
- Assisting with travel accommodations, visa applications, and logistics for major meetings and events
- Entering Executive meeting notes into fundraising database and scheduling follow-on actions
- Processing incoming donations and generating thank you letters in a timely manner
- Acting as host/moderator for videoconferences/meetings
- Tracking and assessing grant opportunities
- Digital filing and IT troubleshooting for local and remote staff
- Front desk reception & mail, phone & general email inbox triage
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college, 6-12 months related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Donor database or data entry experience and basic internet research and email skills
- Proficiency in Windows 7 or 10, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Satisfactory completion of industry related background checks
- Four year college degree preferred
- Skills in graphic editing & design software, Office 365, OneDrive or SharePoint
Location: South Burlington, VT. Occasional local or domestic travel (<5%) may be required.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, Population Media Center uses entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population and the environment. Our goals are to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources. PMC has developed long-running serial dramas for radio, TV and the web in more than 20 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives. Recently the organization applied its methodology to address social challenges in the United States through its Daytime Emmy-nominated East Los High drama on Hulu.
Population Media Center’s Vision: A sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Why Work For Us:
Our tight-knit team is empowered with autonomy and creativity in their day-to-day work, and energized by our mission to solve the world’s toughest environmental, social, economic and social justice challenges.
PMC offers its employees a competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, employee assistance program and a generous employer 401(K) contribution.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Lillie Bleau at email@example.com. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit