Population Media Center has the following job opportunities available.
Title: New Media Consultant
Reports to: PMC Senior Executive Team
Based at: Flexible – preferably near major U.S. television production centers
Population Media Center (PMC) is a nonprofit, international nongovernmental organization utilizing entertainment mass media to empower people to adopt healthy lifestyles and behaviors. PMC’s work is concentrated on entertainment broadcasting, particularly long-running serial dramas in which characters evolve into role models for audiences.
Grounded in its research evidence and theory-based approach, PMC has implemented successful and innovative programs in over 50 developing countries. Recently the organization applied its methodology to address social challenges in the United States through its award-winning East Los High drama displayed on Hulu. Building on this domestic success, the Consultant will facilitate the expansion of PMC’s television programming and associated transmedia strategies in the U.S and Latin America.
- Draft a Strategy Document for expanding PMC’s North American based Social Behavior Change Communications efforts, focusing on New Media formats, including identification of priority markets, issues and preferred financing and distribution models.
- Develop a flowchart of activities and timelines for use the development of New Media projects.
- Actively apply strategies and tools to four current PMC New media projects in various points of development to maximize their progress for the duration of the consultancy. Activities include:
- Building coalitions of service/advocacy organizations that may serve in the capacity of trainers, advisory committee members, and/or production partners.
- Facilitate all facets of New Media program development, production, and distribution, including financial negotiations and legal agreements.
- Facilitate the selection, contracting and performance of all consultants & contractors engaged to create, produce and distribute PMC New Media programs.
- Extend the reach and impact of PMC dramas through integrated transmedia strategies.
- Identify financing opportunities and generate increasing interest in PMC’s approach in the U.S. entertainment industry.
CONDITIONS OF CONSULTANCY
- Develop a thorough understanding of PMC’s methodology and intervention issues.
- Assure that all New Media programming adheres to PMC’s mission and methodology
- Assure that all New Media programming maximize financial returns for reinvestment in global program activity.
CONSULTANT SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THESE QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the U.S. television industry.
- Experience managing the development and distribution of TV dramas, including oversight of all legal and contractual requirements.
- Strong understanding and appreciation for transmedia engagement tools.
- Highly productive with a proven ability to manage complex and multiple tasks in an autonomous and timely manner.
- Genuinely motivated by PMC’s mission and methodology, including a creative curiosity to drive new applications of its approach in the U.S. market.
- Ability to be a strong advocate of PMC to a wide range of entertainment industry stakeholders.
- Commitment to global population stabilization and related social, health and environmental goals.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.