Population Media Center currently has the following job openings.
Title: Digital Marketing & Advocacy Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Employment Type: Full time, Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: No later than August 1, 2020
Starting Salary Range: $50,000-60,000/year
Population Media Center works to build a sustainable planet with equal rights for all by providing hit entertainment that changes lives. The Digital Marketing & Advocacy Manager is a key contributor to a small but powerful team. We need help growing and strengthening our engaged online constituency for a progressively oriented, internationally operating, global sustainability organization. This is a great opportunity to join a passionate team of professionals who are driven and inspired by our mission to create lasting social behavior change.
Who You Are:
- You’re able to analyze and think creatively to turn complex concepts and information from a variety of sources into engaging stories to share on PMC’s digital channels – everything from acquiring new contacts, to delighting existing donors.
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Hubspot, WordPress, Salesforce or other CRMs, and MS Office software, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- You have demonstrated skills in inbound marketing, social media management, graphic design, writing, and copyediting.
- You are a natural communicator, detail oriented, and work well both independently and as part of a team. You thrive under pressure and are unfazed by tight deadlines.
- You enjoy interacting and collaborating with a diverse team of colleagues and stakeholders across multiple time zones.
- You support PMC’s goals of global population stabilization, ecological health, and related social and health objectives. You recognize and respect the power of storytelling and mass media to effect meaningful behavioral and social change.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Maintain the marketing database and oversee PMC’s customer experience.
- Data clean-up, assessing and building workflows and automation processes, building and maintaining lists, and regular reporting to understand audience engagement and effectiveness.
- Build and update web pages, email campaigns, and templates using both HubSpot and WordPress.
- Help design, build, and maintain PMC’s social media presence and paid social campaigns.
- Work with colleagues from diverse countries and backgrounds to collect stories and assets from the field.
- Research, write, and design print and digital materials, including fact sheets, flyers, white papers, infographics, posters, PowerPoint presentations, and electronic newsletters.
- Contribute to paid internet advertising campaign strategy, including paid search and paid social.
- Write and distribute press releases and blogs, ghostwrite quotes and articles, and copy edit materials by other staff.
- Use content from a variety of sources to build strong digital products for PMC audiences.
- Review and propose new content ideas based on current events and observable trends, which could include additional video assets, campaigns, and potential small video editing projects.
- Organize and file assets from in-country projects and from HQ for easy access by all PMC staff and by PMC marketing team.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing or design
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in communications, marketing, design, or related field
- Experience in digital marketing, social media management, and marketing automation
- Demonstrated skill in writing and graphic design
- A high degree of proficiency in:
- HubSpot (or similar marketing technology)
- MS Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- WordPress (or similar CMS)
- Satisfactory completion of industry related background checks
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Experience with Office 365, OneDrive or SharePoint
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Video editing skills
Location: Remote or HQ offices in South Burlington, VT. Telecommuting possible for the right candidate. Occasional local or domestic travel (<5%) may be required.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, Population Media Center uses entertainment-education and mass media to promote social and cultural change by addressing the interconnected issues of the full rights of women and girls, population and the environment. Our goals are to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives and to stabilize global population at a level at which people can live sustainably with the world’s renewable resources. PMC has developed entertaining shows for radio, TV and the web in more than 30 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives. For example, PMC applied its methodology to address social challenges in the United States through its Daytime Emmy-nominated East Los High drama on Hulu.
Population Media Center’s Vision: A sustainable planet with equal rights for all.
Why Work For Us:
Our tight-knit team is empowered with autonomy and creativity in their day-to-day work, and energized by our mission to solve the world’s toughest environmental and social justice challenges. PMC offers its employees a competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, employee assistance program and a generous employer 401(K) contribution.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit