Population Media Center has the following job opportunities available.
Title: Finance Associate
Reports to: Vice President for Finance
Location: PMC Headquarters, South Burlington, VT
Population Media Center (PMC) is a nonprofit, international nongovernmental organization utilizing entertainment mass media to empower people to adopt healthy lifestyles and behaviors. PMC’s work is concentrated on entertainment broadcasting, particularly long-running serial dramas in which characters evolve into role models for audiences. Grounded in its research evidence and theory-based approach, PMC has implemented successful and innovative programs in over 50 developing countries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Accounting & Reporting
- Receive and process monthly financial reports from foreign offices
- Reconcile all cash journals and bank statements
- Post foreign operations financial transactions to general ledger
- Maintain Cost & Funding Analysis for PMC programs
- Prepare third party reports as required
- Maintain and reconcile all balance sheet accounts (cash and investments, pre-paid expenses, fixed assets, payable & accruals
- Process periodic deposit of checks received at PMC HQ
- Record deposits in general ledger and reconcile with donor database
- Monitor collection of expected grant and contract proceeds
- Process and post accounts payable vouchers
- Process accounts payable checks
- Reconcile & post monthly credit card statements
- Process wire transfers as directed by VP of Finance
- Prepare periodic analysis of budget to actual and recommend corrective management action where necessary
- Prepare selected documentation for annual financial audit and periodic 3rd party (donor) audits and reviews
Payroll / Human Resources
- Serve as occasional backup to Office Manager for processing monthly payroll
- Prepare selected account reconciliations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Proficiency in general ledger applications
- High proficiency in Word and Excel
- Relevant experience/proficiency in database applications
- Relevant experience/proficiency in human resources/payroll applications
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until the position is filled..
Please visit our internship page to learn about internship opportunities.