Ceci has been involved with many PMC projects. As PMC’s Country Director in Mexico, she has co-directed pre-show research programs and has led several large projects. Most notably, she assisted in the PMC entertainment-education training to production and creative teams at media company Televisa in Mexico City and then supervised the production and qualitative research of the Mexican telenovela Vencer el Miedo (“Overcome the Fear”). The program had an estimated 3.5 million viewers per day, the highest viewership of any show in its time slot.
Prior to PMC, Cecilia has worked at the intersection of media and behavior change for over 30 years.
HER FAVORITE PARTS OF WORKING AT PMC
Ceci enjoys inviting mass media directors and show runners to develop entertainment-education content and getting to know people from around the world with the same social interests and mission.
- Communication Theory and Research, BA, Iberoamericana University
- Educational Research, MA, Iberoamericana University
OTHER DEGREES AND HONORS
- IPADE, Mexico City, Business Administration degree
- Association of Universities Entrusted to the Society of Jesus in Latin America (AUSJAL), Poverty and Exclusion Diplomat degree
- Fundraising for PROCURA Indiana School of Philanthropy Certificate
- CASE Laureates recognition for senior volunteers who have provided invaluable service to CASE and to advancing education to transform lives and society
OUT OF THE OFFICE
Ceci enjoys hiking, particularly by the sea; writing workshops; dancing; and spending time with family and friends.
FAVORITE BOOK, MOVIE, PODCAST, TV SHOW
Ceci’s favorites include PMC-Mexico’s Vencer el Miedo (“Overcome the Fear”), Sex Education, This is Us, and the book All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum.