PMC in Uganda
PMC began working in Uganda in 2018. Uganda is currently the 31st most populous country in the world and with a present annual growth rate of 3.26 percent, its population will double in 21.5 years if left unchanged.
PMC will soon be airing new shows in Uganda – stay tuned!
Malaria is highly endemic across approximately 95% of Uganda.
(Acta Tropica, 2012)
- Growth Rate Compared to World: 31st (UN, 2019)
- Total Fertility Rate: 5.82 (UN, 2019)
- Median Age: 15.9 Years (CIA, 2018)
- Mean Age by First Birth: 18.9 Years (CIA, 2018)
- Maternal Mortality Rate: 343 Deaths / 100,000 Live Births (CIA, 2015)
- Contraceptive Prevalence Rate: 41.8% (CIA, 2018)
- Adult Prevalence Rate of HIV/AIDS: 5.9% (CIA, 2017)
- HIV/AIDS Rate Compared to the World: 7th (CIA, 2017)
PMC will soon begin work in Uganda - stay tuned!
While education and literacy rates are high in Uganda compared to most other African countries, the country faces its own challenges; infectious disease risk is very high, to some degree associated with low levels of improved sanitation facility access across both rural and urban locales. Despite high rates of HIV and other communicable diseases, the World Health Organization reports limited coverage for healthcare services. Mothers in Uganda also report a low mean age of first birth when compared to most other countries in Africa. Population Institute has ranked Uganda the 11th most vulnerable state in their 2015 Demographic Vulnerability Report.
Current World Population
Net Growth During Your Visit